Often people underestimate how much cover they need. 

If you think about moving house, all the items you take with you are 'Things in your home'... we also cover your landlord's contents (if you need it).

Our policy works by you choosing an overall limit (up to £20,000) and within this, certain items are capped/have an 'inner' limit.

Items covered up to £1,500
(including but not limited to...)

  • Rugs, throws and other soft furnishings
  • Home electronics e.g. TVs, gaming consoles
  • Ornaments and books
  • Furniture
  • Freestanding white goods e.g. fridges and microwaves
  • Clothes, shoes and bags
  • Hair dryers, electric razors and other personal appliances
  • Sports and camping equipment
  • Make-up, perfumes and medicines
  • Art

Items without an 'inner' limit

  • Furniture
  • White-goods

Items covered up to £150
The following items are covered whilst in the home up to a maximum of £150 per item. Items above this value in these categories must be individually specified in the app.

  • Portable electronics e.g. e-readers
  • Jewellery
  • Bicycles
  • Musical Instruments

 What is not covered under 'Things in your home'?

  • Any part of the structure of your home e.g bathroom and kitchen units, fitted wardrobes
  • Business stock and equipment
  • Documents
  • Money
  • Frozen food
  • Plants or living creatures

Optional cover

If you choose cover for 'Things in your home' your items will be insured inside the home for all insured events:

  1. Fire, smoke, lightning, explosion and earthquake
  2. Escape of water, oil or heating fuel
  3. Theft or attempted theft
  4. Storm or flood
  5. Vandalism or malicious acts (including acts of terrorism involving the use or threat of force and/or violence)
  6. Impact damage

Remember to keep receipts, photographs and serial numbers as it makes things easier if you need to make a claim.

Did this answer your question?