Accidental damage covers you for the physical damage or loss of function of an item caused by a sudden, unforeseen (and obviously unintentional) event. i.e breakages and spillages.
Please note, we don't cover any pre-existing damage and here our some other relevant exclusions to be aware of too:
- gradual causes e.g. wear and tear;
- damage caused by pets e.g. scratching and chewing;
- damage caused by servicing or maintenance e.g cleaning or repair;
- damage caused by mildew, fungus, frost, wet or dry rot;
- damage caused by vermin, moths or insects and infestation.
For certain items (such as mobile phones), cover for accidental damage is always included. But for other items in your inventory you have to specify if you would like it to be included (e.g jewellery and portable electronics).
You can do this at anytime – just go to the inventory item in question and tap the accidental damage cover option.